Changes include, but are not limited to:
- AIR implementation updated for Flash Player 10/AIR 1.5
- Favorite Color selection now updates when a new character is loaded or randomly generated
- Legacy XML parser should now be fixed, allowing loading of older-style XML
- New XML format has been finalized (?)
- The assets loaded by the editor (the "character") can be displayed by itself (demo; similar examples were made before but required another wrapper)
- Remembered character data has changed to allow multiple Flash SWFs to use the same data (editor and character) so when you load the editor for the first time for RC1 it should show the default boy instead of your last character; this will only happen once and your character will be remembered from this point forward
- File menu button now at the end of the tabs at the bottom of the screen rather than being in the "General" tab
- Layout for the image export screen has changed
- You can now zoom in twice as much as you could before in the image export screen
- More code refactoring...
Concerning the XML, I've decided to leave it alone. The idea of mapping the colors to hex codes kind of made sense for making it extensible, but the values can just as easily be checked for length or prefix to determine what they are specifically indicating (id value or actual color). Not confusing the real data any more than is necessary seems preferred.
In terms of releasing the source, I have some documentation I still want to complete before that happens, not to mention making sure there aren't any more issues to contend with. It'll be soon, though.